The Downey Group, Inc. specializes in the design, negotiation, and administration of guaranteed issue life and disability insurance programs for large U.S. based professional firms.
Currently, we service over 40 firms with 50 – 1,000 partners per firm. This array is made up of over 6,100 insureds and $6.1 billion in face amount. Approximately 4,250 are active partners and 2,000 are “portables” – partners who have retired or changed firms. We offer cutting edge products and responsive, high quality service, specifically tailored to your needs.
- All policies are individually owned, portable, and adaptable to your funding and ownership goals. Through us, you may obtain, in specific cases, special policy terms unavailable through other brokers, favorable pricing, and guaranteed issue underwriting.
- We provide streamlined, complete enrollment and administration, and if desired, on-site education.
- We are advocates for you, to keep the life insurance carrier responsive to your needs. We have long experience with many life insurance carriers, leverage, and credibility in obtaining policy and service improvements for you.
- Before our involvement, many clients were unimpressed with the service provided by their insurance carrier. We provide that high quality service at no additional cost to you, and often we are able to secure sponsor premium savings.
- Our clients are always served by the “first team” — by the key professionals who have thorough knowledge and expertise in this specific type of life insurance program. We are not a brokerage providing commoditized planning and products. The field of executive life insurance planning is relatively vast. Many firms purport to have expertise in the areas in which we specialize, but in reality are much less expert, efficient, and personalized in their service. There are substantial and important differences between subsets of this general field.
- We also provide excellent ongoing service to thousands of “portable” policyholders who have left their firms and continue their coverage. This speaks not only to the value of the policies acquired at the firm, but also to the quality of our service after they leave.